Maybe you have watched it on NBC Sports Network or during the Olympics. Maybe you played in the past or came to one of learn-to curls. Maybe you have seen a game on a random Saturday night during league play.
Well, trust me, a bonspiel is different.
Over the course of three days there will be 22 hours of curling taking place at Glacier Ice Rink. Teams from Canada, Idaho, Washington, South Dakota and all over Montana will descend on Missoula for the third annual Big Sky Bonspiel. A bonspiel is a curling tournament (and frankly, party) that brings together players and those who just love to watch the game.
We are encouraging you all to come on down.
Friday, March 31:
- Opening ceremonies kick off at 5:45pm. There will be bagpipers, Mayor John Engen and a march of teams onto the ice.
- Games begin at 6pm, 8pm and 10:15pm
- Games start at 8am, 10am, 12:20pm, 2:20pm, 6pm, 8pm and 10:15pm
Sunday, April 2:
- Games start at 8am and 10am.
- The championship games will take place from 10am-noon on Sunday.
We will have seats along the sides and a great elevated view from one end of the ice, so please come on down. Just say hi at the welcome table (and buy some merchandise, if you like) and we will direct you up to some prime viewing locations.